Bijou

 


Cavalli-Lovell-Futterman Mk.I (The Bijou)

The Cavalli-Locell-Futterman is a high quality DIY (do it yourself or self-made) headphone amplifier. The circuit is based on a Futterman that was further developed by Alex Cavalli and Mark Lovell, two DIY headphone amplifier gurus. I discovered the circuit diagram on http://headwize.com . In the meantime there is also a ready-made layout for circuit boards.

An EZ80 is used as the rectifier tube. One E88CCJJ and one ECC99JJ are used per amplifier channel.




© 2005 Alex Cavalli


The components



The empty case made of stainless steel
Thanks again to Gäffi, Peter and Herbert.


The tension stabilization


The finished device in the typical DIY spaghetti construction.

The amplifier is fed by my DAC I. It drives a Sennheiser HD650. The sound is pleasant and fully met my expectations. Unfortunately, I cannot give a more precise sound description, as I cannot compare it with other headphone amplifiers. What is striking for a tube amplifier, however, is the complete absence of (audible) noise and hum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Class A-Like Topology

- "New Class A" bias module (see Technics folklore - synchro bias) - "Super-A" bias module (see JVC folklore) - "No...